The PSSRU’s mission is to conduct high quality research on social and health care to inform and influence policy, practice and theory.
To conduct research to help shape the development of social and health care systems, in the UK and internationally.
- To develop and employ rigorous research methods from a multidisciplinary base.
- To examine the performance and functioning of social and health care finance, organisation and delivery, with a particular emphasis on promoting efficiency and equity.
- To conduct research that meets the best standards of research ethics and governance.
- To involve service users, carers, commissioners, managers, practitioners and policymakers in the research process as far as possible.
- To keep people informed about the work we do through a variety of media.
- To develop the research and related skills of PSSRU staff, students and visitors.
Kent Research in Brief
|For our 40th anniversary, we produced a booklet summarising the research being undertaken by Kent PSSRU staff. Download it here.|