Unit Costs of Health and Social Care 2020
Please note that minor changes maybe made to this edition until 31 January 2021.
Compiled by Lesley Curtis and Amanda Burns
or download sections
Lina Maria Ellegard
ESSENCE: Examining the economic case for adult social care interventions
Michela Tinelli , Martin Knapp, Annette Bauer, Helen Weatherly, Ben Schlaepfer
Economic evaluation methods in social care: A scoping review
Helen Weatherly, Rita Faria, Bernard Van den Berg, Mark Sculpher, Peter O’Neill, Kay Nolan, Julie Glanville, Jaana Isojarvi, Erin Baragula,Mary Edwards.
The PSSRU retains the copyright in the Unit Costs series. They may be freely distributed as pdf files and on paper, but quotations must be acknowledged and permission for use of longer excerpts must be obtained in advance. Please acknowledge Unit Costs of Health and Social Care as the source when using costs estimates and information from these reports.
Please note that when citing the report, the following format should be used:
Curtis, L. & Burns, A. (2020) Unit Costs of Health and Social Care 2020, Personal Social Services Research Unit, University of Kent, Canterbury.
If you are aware of other sources of information which can be used to improve our estimates, notice errors or have any other comments, please contact Lesley Curtis.
I Services – download
- Services for older people
- Services for people with mental health problems
- Services for people who misuse drugs or alcohol
- Services for people requiring learning disability support
- Services for adults requiring physical support
- Services for children and their families
- Hospital and related services
- Care packages
II Community-based health care staff – download
- Scientific and professional
- Nurses, doctors and dentists
III Community-based social care staff- download
- Social care staff and services
IV Hospital-based health care staff – download
- Hospital-based scientific and professional staff
- Hospital-based nurses
- Hospital-based doctors
V Sources of Information – download
- Inflation indices
- NHS staff earning estimates
- Examples of roles in each Agenda for Change band
- Training costs of health and social care professionals
- Care home fees
- Time use of community care professionals
- List of useful websites
- List of items from previous volumes