Personal Social Services Research Unit
|Salary:||£34,804 to £40,322 per annum|
|Post Type:||Full Time|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term – 48 Months|
|Release Date:||Saturday 27 June 2020|
|Closing Date:||23.59 hours BST on Sunday 26 July 2020 (unless otherwise stated)|
This position represents an exciting opportunity for the successful applicant to join the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Applied Research Collaboration (ARC) for Kent Surrey and Sussex. The post-holder will work on the social care theme in the ARC programme with prospects for significant research and other contributions to be made.
We are looking to recruit someone with analysis and evaluation skills, with an inclination to work in a developing research context. The main activities of the post-holder will be to support ARC social care projects.
As Research Associate you will:
- Be an active member of the team, supporting the delivery of ARC KSS strategy though production of high-quality research and its implementation
- Develop and strengthen applied research capacity across the region, providing opportunities for practitioners to engage in research
- Undertake the main activities of research and evaluation, from development, data collection, analysis/interpretation, and reporting and knowledge exchange.
To be successful in the role you will have/be:
- A PhD, or near to completion of a PhD, or closely associated alternative, in a relevant subject
- Knowledge of quantitative research methods and their application
- Knowledge of the evaluation and analysis of care and/or health interventions
- Have the ability to write research reports, journal articles, and other written outputs (e.g. blogs)
For further details, and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.kent.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=SS-197-20