Unit Costs of Health and Social Care 2021
Please note that minor changes maybe made to this edition until 31 January 2022.
Compiled by Karen Jones and Amanda Burns
or download sections
Download unit cost database of health and social care professionals 2020/21
Introduction to the Unit Costs Report
Karen Jones & Amanda Burns
Guest Editorial: Costing Covid-19 a year later: retrospective thoughts on an early economic evaluation of UK government policy
How has cost benefit analysis developed in children’s social care?
Lisa Holmes – Rees Centre, University of Oxford
The PSSRU retains the copyright in the Unit Costs series. They may be freely distributed as pdf files and on paper, but quotations must be acknowledged and permission for use of longer excerpts must be obtained in advance. Please acknowledge Unit Costs of Health and Social Care as the source when using costs estimates and information from these reports.
Please note that when citing the report, the following format should be used:
Jones, K. & Burns, A. (2021) Unit Costs of Health and Social Care 2021, Personal Social Services Research Unit, University of Kent, Canterbury.
If you are aware of other sources of information which can be used to improve our estimates, notice errors or have any other comments, please contact Karen Jones.
I Services – download
- Services for older people
- Services for people with mental health problems
- Services for people who misuse drugs or alcohol
- Services for people requiring learning disability support
- Services for adults requiring physical support
- Services for children and their families
- Hospital and related services
- Care packages
II Community-based health care staff – download
- Scientific and professional
- Nurses, doctors and dentists
III Community-based social care staff- download
- Social care staff and services
IV Hospital-based health care staff – download
- Hospital-based scientific and professional staff
- Hospital-based nurses
- Hospital-based doctors
V Sources of Information – download
- Inflation indices
- NHS staff earning estimates
- Examples of roles in each Agenda for Change band
- Training costs of health and social care professionals
- Care home fees
- Time use of community care professionals
- List of useful websites
- List of items from previous volumes